Hi, my name is Flora and I talk about personal finance with just about anyone.
Yes, that includes you, my lovely readers.
Let me guess, you’re driven, passionate about life, and fully committed to reaching your potential. Most importantly, you want to make money work for you, not the other way around.
I hear ya. I’m in the exact same boat.
I’m on a journey to reach financial freedom – the freedom to choose where, when and how I work.
Some Background Information Never Hurts
I wasn’t always great with money.
During my early 20s, I pretty much just YOLO’d: I ate out regularly, traveled to exotic places and curated a half-decent wardrobe.
It was an exciting time, but money-wise, all I had to show for was a small amount of cash savings, a 4-digit RRSP account, one life insurance contract, and the remaining balance of my student loan.
I wish I was more mindful of my budget.
When the reality of “adulting” had finally kicked in around the time I got engaged, I realized that I need to manage my money better if I want to secure a better future for me and my loved ones.
The much-needed financial wake-up call prompted me to re-examine my life priorities, read a ton on personal finance, and set lofty yet achievable financial goals.
Together with my husband, we are now charting a strategic path toward financial success, which we define as (in order of priority):
1. Buy a place of our own – COMPLETED
2. Reach $1 million net worth – IN PROGRESS
3. Become accredited investors
4. 100% financial independence
Through this blog, I want to document our journey to financial freedom and share with others the lessons that we’re learning along the way so that you too can achieve your financial dreams.
6 Random Facts About Me
- My guilty pleasure is reading The Globe and Mail’s Financial Facelift.
- I’m fascinated by indoor rollercoasters, haunted mansions, and unsolved mysteries.
- One of my all-time favorite movies is Hitchcock’s “Rear Window”.
- I firmly believe that there’s nothing a good pizza cannot fix.
- My ideal lifestyle once I reach financial independence? Work on a writing project while traveling all over the world.
- I love browsing real estate listings, even when I’m not in the market for a new home.
Let’s Connect on Social
As much as I like to write about our financial struggles and successes, I’m just eager to hear your stories. Below are some of the ways we can connect:
A Few Posts To Get You Started
- How Does Your Net Worth Compare With The Average Canadian?
- 6 Things You Shouldn’t Feel Guilty Splurging On
- Why You Need a Side Hustle (And No, It’s Not Too Late to Start)
- 14 Practical Money Hacks I Wish I Knew in My 20s
- How Does Your Net Worth Compare With The Average Canadian Couple?
- 14 Things You Need to Know Before Buying a Pre-Construction Condo